iMessage 7 Search Article

Friday, December 23, 2011

How To Get Siri to automatically read my text messages

How can I get Siri to automatically read my text messages to me as I recieve them?

Ask :

In the Introducing Siri video, there was a bit here a blind woman got an SMS and Siri read it to her straight away, without even needing to ask Siri to do so. How do I enable that feature? I looked in the Accessability section, and couldnt see it. Am I missing something?
Answer :

you have to turn on Voice Over and Speaks Notification under Setting. Then it will say "you have a text from whoever". Siri doesn't notify you when you get a message unless you ask. I watched the commerical. The voice " you got a message from Sandy Chen" is Voice Over not Siri's voice.
Why in the world would you want that? That's just trouble waiting to happen. LOL. Your standing in your bosses office when a text from a buddy gets blurted out loud! Your at dinner with your girlfriend and Siri starts reading a text from another girl! I see a lot of awkward moments in your future if you do get it turned on.

Disscuss This Topic at Apple Forum

Followers