iMessage 7 Search Article

Friday, December 23, 2011

Switch Apple IDs in Game Centre

Switch Apple IDs in Game Centre

Ask :
Is it possible to switch Apple IDs in Game Centre? I made this fake Apple ID when I first got my iPhone (just in case anything happened in the first couple months) and I played a few games, got a few achievements etc etc. But now I made an actual Apple ID with correct information and stuff and I want to change the fake Apple ID currently in my Game Centre account with the real one I just made. Problem comes up when I type in my actual ID to switch. It says 'The Apple ID you have entered is already in use'. Please help, I dont know why thats coming up.

Answer :
Well, you should have ensured that you were using the one you intended to use with Game Center. Scores, achievements, and friends are not tracked across multiple Apple IDs, nor can you merge Apple ID's(Apple is working on allowing this, but currently you can't). All you can do is change the account you are signed into.
In game center, there is a banner showing your email. Touch that and you will see, view and sign out. Touch sign out.

But as wjosten says, you can't merge the accounts together and the ownership of the games will belong to the old account.

Disscuss This Topic at Apple Forum

Followers