iMessage 7 Search Article

Friday, December 23, 2011

How to retrieve old nickname in Game center?

How to retrieve old nickname in Game center?

Ask :
Aprox a year ago I registered nickname iBolit.
At that time I've had iPhone 3G.
Now I somehow can't login with the same nickname from my new iPhone 4G...
Thing is that I'm using the same Apple ID....
I have been using game center for at least six months (most likely longer) and enjoying their games. However this evening I went to play one of my game center games Eternal Warriors a game by GLU and it asked me to accept the game center terms of service. This seemed routine to me so I accepted. Then it booted my Busta80 game center ID and replaced it with one that my wife had set up over a year ago. Now when I try and get my old ID linked back to my apple ID it tells me that that nickname is already in use. Someone help!
Anyone knows something about this subject?
Answer :
This also had me in a panic but this is what worked for me.

When Game Center was launched, it was trying to log me in by default with my email address whatever@whatever.com, but I had to change this to my Apple ID which is just a string of text, and then I put in my password for my Apple ID.

If you do not know your Apple ID, search your inbox for "Apple" and hopefully the email from the past is in there somewhere.

You can also try and find your Apple ID on this Apple Webpage:-

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa

Also, earlier, ! had to change my Apple ID password because it was not secure enough by default and it was not letting me log in, so I went from the link in my email to the apple password change page and I changed the password to make the new security happy.

Game Center then logged me in first time and didn't have to put in a nickname or anything - yay

Hope this helps someone - I would have cried to have to redo all those **** achievements!!

Regards,

Disscuss This Topic at Apple Forum

Followers