iMessage 7 Search Article

Saturday, December 10, 2011

iMessage Waiting for Activation

iMessage Waiting for Activation - iMessage was working for me fine on Friday but it suddenly stopped working the next day. It seemed to have started the when I switched to iCloud from mobileme. I've been hunting around high and low but everyone has a different answer.

I found this thread on Apple's support forums. This actually worked for me so far.


Basically you have to do a clean restore of your iphone by going into DFU mode. But prior to that, I also updated my apple ID to include my cell number, I'm not sure if that made any difference as well. I no longer see the waiting for activation message and I see iMessage in the messages screen for my friends who upgraded.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f297/324736.htm

No comments:

Followers