iMessage 7 Search Article

Friday, December 23, 2011

Wi-Fi issues after iOS 5.0.1 update on iPad.

Wi-Fi issues after iOS 5.0.1 update on iPad.

Ask :
After updating to 5.0.1 I can't access the internet through my home wifi. It worked right up until the update, now it shows as connected to wifi but it won't access any online services. I can connect only through my iPhone acting as an hotspot. Any Ideas on what to do? Is anyone else having this issue?
Answer :
Restart your WiFi router by removing power to it for 30 seconds.

On your iPhone go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings.

Now try to connect.

While wifi connection is never good on ipad according to my experiecne, the situation is worsend after ios 5.0.1. It takes approximatley 2 to 3 minutes for me to connect to the home router, (it took 30 secs at most in the past). When I go out for outdoor wifi, the hotspots of some internet service providers can never be connected, the refreshing circles keeping spinning for 3 to 5 minutes and nothing happen.

The bottom line is, battery life seems to run longer than before, but I don't think it is an acceptable trade-off.


Disscuss This Topic at Apple Forum

Followers